Tuesday 15 December 2015

Roman Holiday

When in Rome...


When my Rome holiday was creeping closer, I was looking forward to seeing all the iconic landmarks and tourist-y places, however I was MOSTLY looking forward to the food and coffee!

And I was not disappointed. I have visited Italy before and I love it, but I've never been to Rome before and it was just the most perfect place!

Our hotel was located near the Trevi Fountain, so we were in walking distance of nearly all the main landmarks apart from the Vatican. Our hotel provided breakfast but I was keen to get out and experience  all the local coffeeshops and eateries. 

So being the eager coffeeshop hunter/researcher I am, I decided that Sant Eustachio il Caffe was on my list to visit.


The cafe has been there since 1938, and there are so many great reviews and information about this place online. Typical of a lot of amazing Roman coffeeshops, it doesn't look that spectacular from the outside but once I entered and saw the mountains of coffee, the crowds of customers and the buzzing baristas, I knew it was going to be good.

I went for a Monachella- Sant Eustachio coffee with chocolate and whipped cream, I was dying to get a Sfogliatella (italian pastry) but I had been overdosing on them all day so decided against it. All the cakes and pastries looked amazing, and I am sure they tasted as good as they looked.

The Monachella was DIVINE- so rich and warming, and the coffee was still so strong through the thick chocolate. The best coffee I had in Rome!We chose to sit outside so we could watch the visitors go in and out of the buzzing cafe, and it was lovely to see the locals and the tourists sharing a coffee alike!



Definitely worth a visit, and get the Monachella!!

No comments:

Post a Comment