Monday 22 February 2016

The place I've been dying to go for ages!

Federal Cafe

After so many hours of stalking and DROOLING over their Instagram pictures, this Sunday I finally got to go to Federal Cafe in Manchester. 

Their food and cakes look so good, and I was dying to try their eggs and coffee. When we got there, there was a 30 minute wait (so I knew it was going to be good) but eventually we got a seat and ordered. 
The decor is really cosy, with amazing art on the walls, and quirky 'Milo' cans on the table for knives and forks- FYI- Milo is added to hot or cold water and/or milk to make a malted chocolate beverage....Federal is based on an Australian/New Zealand themed hence the Milo cans!

After much deliberation- I was waiting by the food counter so was watching every dish that came out!- but I went for the 'Halloumi and Shrooms' whilst my date went for Eggs Benedict with avocado, bacon and chorizo. Both amazing, and the first thing my date said when the food arrived was 'Why is yours bigger than mine!!'




The Halloumi and Shrooms


Eggs Benedict 

The staff were lovely and friendly, and even though we had waited for a while to get a seat, the food and coffee was so prompt and SO delicious. 


This place certainly lived up to expectations, I already can't wait to go back! It also inspired me to bake some of my own banana bread- although my version isn't quite looking up to the standard of 'Emily's Banana Bread'....same name, but unfortunately not the same cake!!

Love this place- I will definitely be going back!



No comments:

Post a Comment