Monday 7 March 2016

Preston: Where To Go

Preston: My Favourites.


So in the small city of Preston, I've got to be honest, it's not bursting with spectacular eateries and cute coffee shops, but there are the few GEMS you can find if you look hard enough.

Deli Med- Preston City Centre:
I used to work here when I was younger (not biased) and the food here is absolutely second to none in the city centre. The menu is made up of homemade soups, artisan sandwiches and homemade delicious cakes. The counter is bursting with bright, colourful salads, and an amazing selection of meats. A business partner of the cafe, is local to Spain, so the Deli has amazing, authentic mediterranean produce including Boquerones, Morcilla and Pimenton. The homemade soups are the to die for! They're all homemade by the chef, and really unusual- Parsnip, Apple and Rosemary, Chickpea and Chorizo, Celeriac and Curried Carrot. If you're looking for some amazing coffee, and a true taste of the mediterranean you have to go here!






 The Barn at Scorton:
This place is exactly what you'd expect from the name! It's a gorgeous, big barn in the countryside, with cute decor and vines across the ceiling. 
The menu is quite extensive, they also do afternoon tea! The menu goes from huge homemade cakes, to full meals including roast dinners, and jacket potatoes. The sweet potato fries are delicious, which I had paired with a goats cheese salad- equally as good. Typical home-cooked portions (massive) and the coffee is Atkinsons (@coffeehopper) so you know its going to be good! They also have a little gift shop, and they are currently building a huge restaurant which is going to be situated just opposite The Barn! One to watch out for, but definitely make a trip out over a weekend for some gorgeous lunch, coffee and cake. 









Zest- Lytham: 
I quite recently reviewed another cafe in Lytham (Vinyl Groove) as it is full of lovely places to eat, drink and shop. It is a beautiful place, and on a sunny day its just perfect for a stroll across the beach, a coffee and a cake sat outside. This Sunday, I visited Zest for breakfast. I have been there before, and I just remembered the Eggs Royale were SOMETHING ELSE. Lovely coffee, which I think is from the Lytham Coffee Company, and Eggs Royale were the perfect brunch and one I had been searching for! They have a really authentic Italian feel, with cannoli and Sfogliatelle (my absolute favourite!) and olive tins on the table to hold your cutlery! My brunch was delicious as you can see- the pancakes and male syrup also- Di-vine. 



The Apple Store Scorton:
Another little hidden gem in the small town of Scorton! If you've never been before, as you're walking up you're probably going to think...WHERE am i going?! As it literally is in the middle of nowhere, in the middle of a forest! But its like being in a big conservatory!A very homely, family feel with cute bunting all around, and mismatching china tea-sets. I LOVE it. The cakes will be the first thing that catch your eye as there is loads of them! And they all look delicious, and similarly to The Barn, HUGE portions. I would recommend the homemade soup and beef and stilton sandwich. If you're looking for a nice country walk, finished off with a lunch, cake and coffee stop. This is your place! 






The Hall- Lancaster:
I have blogged about this before (Atkinsons and The Hall) but it is such a nice little environment, here I go again! You have to get there early if you're looking for a bite to eat- I have arrived at 3ish before looking for some food and they'd sold out! (I went for a cake-oops!) It's a very chilled environment, they have evenings on with wood-fired pizza and bands, and in the day it's great to chill, have one of the FAMOUS Atkinsons coffee and soak up the atmosphere. There is also a shop next door, which I would definitely recommend a browse around after your coffee stop. 






If you're looking for restaurants and coffee stops around the Preston area then tweet me! And I'm sure I can help you out with some suggestions. If you know of any cute cafes and coffee shops around this area, let me know! I love finding new places!







No comments:

Post a Comment